Friday, May 23, 2008

Too tough to swallow

Today i had bible study with Sutieng and Lay Yi. After which we went to the food fair at Singapore Expo. I can't believe i spent $4 in the first 10 minutes there. But the drinks are free cos i cheapo go take all the samples. I enjoy giving bible study one on one or to a small group, so fun. I saw Lay Yi taking down lotsa notes even though i already printed out for them. I'm so glad to see her hungry to learn more. That's what i live for, to see young people encountering God and living for Him! And she's only Primary 6! She has really encountered God over the last few weeks.

I'm so excited to see the younger ones encounter God. When God moves, there are usually a few groups of people...people who move on with God, people who are moving on with God but they are struggling a little behind, then there are those who don't want to move on. I see a lot of the newer ones encountering God and moving on with Him, i see some who are struggling a little and there are a few who choose not to move on with Him. John 6:66-67 says, "After this a lot of his disciples left. They no longer wanted to be associated with him. Then Jesus gave the Twelve their chance: "Do you also want to leave?" "(The Message Bible). This incident happened when Jesus was progressing to a new level of His earthly ministry. Let's set a high standard, when God moves, some people may choose to leave, but the remnant will be so much stronger.

What do i do when people choose to go their own way? I seriously don't know. Talked to them, prayed for them, cried over them. My heart and mind tells me i can't leave them behind even if they choose otherwise but....

I seemed to hear the Lord say, "Forget the old, i'm doing a new thing."

No comments: